Jobs: Web Developers and UX Designers Needed
- Summify is hiring a web ui designer. Summify is building nothing less than the first usable personalization engine for your news links. I’ve been using it for over a month now and everytime I try something else, I have to go back. Summify is backed by Boris Wertz of W Media Ventures and Boootup Labs.
- If you have any affinity for food (who doesn’t) but also care where your food actually comes from, then check out FoodTree. FoodTree is hiring someone to head up all of web development. Very rare opportunity to join a funded startup at the highest technical position in the company, doing something so big as to map the world’s food sources.
- In fact, Strutta has had an opening for a PHP/Drupal dev for over two months and still hasen’t been able to fill it. (if you are one, please apply, it’s an awesome group of people to work with)
- You may remember that Layerboom was sold to Joyent. Howie is now tasked with hiring enough engineers to fill out their sweet offices overlooking the north shore mountains. If you think you know your way around the cloud then apply now
- Mozzilla Messaging has 3 positions open. Mozilla works with us on the 2nd floor here at 163 W. Hastings, and is headed up by former ActiveState CTO David Ascher. They are one group of crazy smart open source developers.
- I’ve also heard a rumor that NetApp has over opened 100 positions in Vancouver after their acquisition of ByCast. Obviously, I would hope that we can entice anyone intrested to join a startup instead, but if working for one of the worlds largest storage companies is your thing, check them out.
If you’re hiring, feel free to leave a link in the comments below. If you’re looking for a job make sure to review the comments. The perfect job just might be in there.
- Strutta Launches New Contest Builder Software, API (techvibes.com)
- Layerboom Acquired by Joyent (bootuplabs.com)
- Social News-Reader Summify Raises Funds to Solve Information Overload (nytimes.com)
- Open House at Bootup Labs (startupnorth.ca)