December 10, 2009 / Danny Robinson

Bootup Labs Demo Days Plans

Bootup Labs Demo Days

Today we announced our plans for our first Demo Days for Bootup Labs’ first crop of companies. The event will be broken up into two events

Vancouver on January 28th, 2010
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
655 Burrard Street,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6C 2R7

Silicon Valley on February 3rd, 2010.
Plug And Play Tech Centre
440 North Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94085-3869

<< — INVESTORS RSVP HERE – >>

Bootup Entrepreneurial Society

The Bootup Entrepreneurial Society (BES) is an independent non-profit group founded to support founders starting digital media companies in Vancouver.  BES is organizing the Bootup Demo Days event.  In addition to the 5 Bootup Labs companies, BES is inviting 5 additional BC companies to join us, free of charge, travel expenses paid.  Interested companies should apply to be a part of this first-of-it’s kind event.  You can read more about it from their blog post.

1. Jon / Dec 10 2009 2:08 pm

Bootup is doing an awesome job of fostering the local Vancouver startup culture! Events like these are a great way to spread the awareness that great talent exists here!!

Keep up the great work!!

2. Colin Percival / Dec 12 2009 1:38 am

How about having a second Demo Day, with an audience of local tech people instead of VCs? I'm sure there are lots of us who would like to see what Bootup Labs companies are doing.

• Boris / Dec 12 2009 6:50 am

Actually, the companies have presented / demo'd locally at lots of events. If you missed them, feel free to come by the office and meet the teams.

You and I have talked about more tech focused events – I'm trying to fit a DemoCamp in with heavy tech presentations. Want to help source some?

I think Startup Drinks (Jan 2010) will be a good opportunity to meet the next group.

• Colin Percival / Dec 13 2009 1:07 am

I was thinking that an event of specifically Bootup Labs companies would be more interesting than the myriad events which already exist — lets face it, there's a lot of crap out there, and "bootup labs funded this company" provides some quality assurance.

I'd be happy to help with tech events, but I really don't know many tech people in Vancouver… I spend most of my time in the FreeBSD community, which is largely concentrated in the bay area and europe. I would, of course, be happy to talk about Tarsnap or FreeBSD or cryptography.

3. Hello there. I simply want to say that what you share here is really the best sharing so I m thinking to post http://blog.bootuplabs.com/2009/12/10/bootup-labs-demo-days-plans on my Twitter profile so everybody can have the possibility to enjoy. I was glad when I saw this tittle, Bootup Labs Demo Days Plans | Bootup Labs Blog, in my google search, and i was so becouse at long last I found what I was looking for. Thank you

4. Gibson Explorer 68 CH / May 28 2011 6:21 am

Salve. I simply want to say that what you give us here is really respectable information so I will post http://blog.bootuplabs.com/2009/12/10/bootup-labs-demo-days-plans on my Facebook profile so anyone can have the chance to enjoy. I was glad when I saw this tittle, Bootup Labs Demo Days Plans | Bootup Labs Blog, on my google search, and i was so becouse finally I found what I was looking for. Thank you

5. Evelyne / Jun 15 2011 6:22 am

I really appreciate articles on your site. You’re doing a fine job! Thanks a lot. 🙂

6. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

7. GlinkSofts Technologies / Jun 17 2011 10:10 am

I was looking for a blog like this before,you got really great information here,I am pleased to check it,Keep it up.Thanks

8. Dubai Tour Packages / Jun 18 2011 1:02 pm

The most important thing is to share the true said as i can see it around.

9. plate joiners / Jun 20 2011 12:20 pm

That’s really true said,i am some how agree with what you said.

10. plate joiner / Jun 20 2011 2:29 pm

It’s a great opportunity to be here,Once again i will visit this page.

1. 3 Days – 2 Published Articles – Vancouver Sun and Business in Vancouver @ LetsGoForDinner Blog