New companies for Jan 2010
It’s been a long year of ramping up and working with our 5 “Beta Fund” companies. Our first full blown Demo Days are coming up in January/February, we’re finalizing the details to lease a new space, and in general 2009 is aiming to end with a bang.
Today, we’re happy to announce the companies that will be joining us as the January 2010 Cohort:
- Blast Ramp is collaborative distribution platform for companies that sell and ship consumer products.
- Compass Engine helps developers create the next generation of location based games.
- foodtree brings the community and transparency of the farmers market online.
- ReadFu brings contextual summaries for every link
- Status.ly is a device-independent lifestream aggregator with focus on personalized customization and real-time filtering.
- Zedmo lets you find events and social topics. You can discover these Zedmo “channels” according to their location, popularity, or topic
Full details, logos, links to Twitter accounts, and all that good stuff are available on the portfolio page.
Want to get involved? Well, our May 2010 application process will open up in the new year, so register to get notified when applications open. Also, BES is still looking for companies to join us for Demo Days.
We were also covered on ReadWriteWeb as part of The Advantages of Launching Outside the Valley. Hat tip to Techvibes for catching Foodtree and Zedmo before they were officially officially announced :P
2010 is going to be an exciting year, and I’m looking forward to kick things into high gear and working with such a great crew of people to build their businesses.